Dr. Michael Bateman
- Board-certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Cleft Palate Association
- Washington University in St. Louis in Mechanical Engineering, BS
- State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse, MD
- Surgical Internship and Residency, North Shore University Hospital, NY
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Massachusetts
- Currently in private practice in Denver, CO
Dr. Michael Bateman is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He volunteers as a member of the Rose Cleft Palate Team, and has volunteered on multiple medical missions to South America and Asia.
Dr. Bateman’s formal education began at Washington University in St. Louis, where he received a BS in Mechanical Engineering, followed by his MD degree from State University of New York – Syracuse, in 1998. He went on to complete a General Surgery Residency in North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, New York, and a second, specialized Plastic Surgery Residency, at the University of Massachusetts. We were fortunate that his next move brought him to Denver in 2005, where he has been operating a lively practice ever since.
Dr. Bateman is married to Dr. Cinthia Bateman who is an Interventional Cardiologist in Denver. They are the proud parents of two lovely daughters, now in college, and they are learning to adjust to an empty nest. Mike and Cinthia enjoy an active Colorado lifestyle including mountain biking, hiking and skiing.
- 5280 Top Doctor, 9 years in a row: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, Rose Medical Center 2008 – 2018
- Distinguished Speaker, 45th New England Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Conference
- Distinguished Speaker, 85th, 86th & 87th Annual Clinic Congress of American College of Plastic Surgeons
- American Academy of Neurology
- Annals of Plastic Surgery
- Neurobiology of Disease
- Society of Neuroscience